Comfortable and economical cottage must have warm enclosing structures. And if the characteristics of the walls or roofs do not meet the standards, then they certainly need to be insulated. On how to choose a suitable insulation?
Why is it important to warm the house?
In the most successful version, the building should be like a thermos, that is, to keep warm in winter and not allow the summer heat to turn rooms into steam rooms. This is possible only under the condition of good thermal insulation and tightness of structures. Warming the house is expensive, but then it pays for itself thanks to the comfort of living and reducing energy bills. You need the best insulation contractors for completing the whole process.
Every few years, energy efficiency requirements for buildings are tightened. But in fact it is not even in the rules and protection of nature. Potential developers and real homeowners simply look at the tariffs for gas, electricity, solid fuel. All prices have risen and will continue to rise. These disappointing calculations this is the best motivation and good reason to “warm up”.
- It is better to think about how to insulate a house at the design stage.
- Warm walls, roof and foundation will provide not only comfort in the winter, but also significant savings in money for utilities.
- Additionally, it is possible to insulate the already finished building. Often, country houses need additional warming. The quality and efficiency of the work performed depends on the right choice, the insulation should be of high quality.
The most commonly used materials for home insulation are polyurethane foam, polystyrene foam, mineral wool. Let’s try to understand the advantages and disadvantages of each of them.
Mineral wool is used for insulation and sound insulation of sloping roofs, internal partitions, for floor insulation in lags.
Pros: high heat and sound insulation properties, resistance to rodents, fire safety, ease of installation, low cost.
- Every day extruded polystyrene foam is becoming an increasingly popular material in Russia.
- Pros: it has high strength, low thermal conductivity and reasonable price.
- Expanded polystyrene is classified as environmentally friendly, not containing carcinogenic substances.
Polyurethane foam belongs to the group of gas-filled plastics. It has good thermal insulation properties, low vapor permeability and high moisture resistance. It is not subject to rotting and does not give in to rodents, has the big service life (about 30 years). Due to these characteristics, polyurethane foam is widely used for insulation.
Polyurethane is applied by casting or spraying. At the same time there are no joints that let the cold through. Due to its high adhesion rate, it is perfectly applied to different surfaces: paper, wood, metal, plaster, brick, tile, roofing material.