If you have been looking at new construction homes in Ottawa and wondered if buying a new home is the best way to go, you are not alone. However, the answer to this question is much easier than you might think.
The Misconception of Buying New Construction Homes
Sometimes people tend to shy away from new construction homes because they believe they are more expensive than pre-owned homes, but nothing could be further from the truth once you think about the bigger picture as a whole.
For example, think about all the money you will end up putting into a pre-owned home just to bring it up to your tastes and desires. And what if at any given time you don’t have the money to spend on a remodel you really want to have done? That’s where buying a new construction home makes so much more sense because you can have it built to your exact specifications and never have to spend a dime on remodeling…unless you want to. In the long run, you’ll probably find that you will end up spending far less on a new custom home than you would have if you’d spent your money on a pre-owned home.
The Pros and Cons of New Construction Homes in Ottawa
The best way to determine whether to buy a new construction home versus a pre-owned home is to weigh the pros and cons of each.
Pros of New Construction Homes in Ottawa:
- Has the most modern, up-to-date fixtures and finishes.
- You can customize every facet of the home such as design, cabinets, countertops, flooring, etc.
- You start with a blank slate versus trying to “fix” someone else’s taste and design flaws.
- You will have a great warranty.
- Lower repair and maintenance costs (if any).
- You will generally have lower utility costs since everything is new and energy efficient.
Cons of New Construction Homes in Ottawa:
- You might have to live further from the city.
- Will have to wait for construction to be completed before moving in (in most cases but not all).
- The possibility of unpaved roads, noise, and dust (at least for a little while).
- You will have to be patient while waiting for the landscaping to grow in and mature.
The Bottom Line
Most of the negatives that come with buying a new construction home are only temporary. Therefore, you should take that into consideration before making any final decisions about which option is right for you.
Buying a new construction home will bring you years of worry-free living because everything is new and under warranty should you ever encounter a problem. And, since you will have selected your favorite finishes, and designed this home yourself, you will never have to spend any money trying to fix or change someone else’s taste or design flaws.