The roof is an important part of any house. Be it commercial or residential; any problem needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. But often people are unaware of the problems that may happen to their roof. Frequent checks are needed after the age of a roof crosses five years. So, here is a list of some common problems that may happen to a roof.
Common Problems Roofs may face
- Leaks: If the seams of the shingles aren’t closed off properly, moisture may seep into the ceiling of the house. This may lead to water damage which can be quite costly to repair. Fixing any leak is important as weather can deteriorate it further over the time.
- Critter Damage: The small insects do not look threatening, but they can eat away from the roof. So, if any sign of infestation is seen, it needs to be removed as soon as possible.
- Improper Flashing Installation: Many people buy ready-made houses and are unaware of its construction. If flashing isn’t installed properly, it may lead to damage to the house. It may also lead to tile damage or roof damage. Calling a roofing contractor may help in checking the improper installations. They can do so by searching ‘roofing contractors Grosse Ile MI’ or similar things on the internet.
- Ponding Water: Often it can be seen that water is sitting on the roof. It needs to be removed as stagnant water can cause the problem to the roof. Once it is removed,a roof will be good to go.
- Ice Dams: Places that get a snowfall or gets chilly in the winter can have this problem. Ice dams can be very unhealthy for any roof. A professional roofer can remove it without causing any damage to the roof.
- Lack of Maintenance: Most people do not pay much attention to the roof. So, with time heavy damage can be seen on the roof. An inspection after every five years is necessary for any roof.
- Improper Installation of Roof: Every contractor doesn’t work the proper way. But this problem is mostly seen in people who go for DIYing the roof. But a roof should always be handled by a professional.
So, these are some of the common problems that a roof may face. Contacting a roofing contractor for a roof check-up is the best way to determine the exact problems. They will know the best things to do on the roof.