The installation of the roof is one of the most important stages of construction, the quality of which directly affects all aspects of the subsequent operation of the building. And the main criterion that determines how comfortable life will be in the house, as well as how often the roof will require expensive repairs, is a competent choice of roofing material. Today, manufacturers offer a fairly wide range of coatings, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages. From the roofing company Watkinsville GA you can find the best deals.
To choose the best option, the search process must be guided not only by the recommendations of relatives, neighbors and friends, but also by the opinion of specialists who know all the nuances of a particular material. Professional consultation will help to analyze the basic properties of coatings and choose the one that will have the optimal set of characteristics for solving a specific problem. As a rule, the selection process takes into account: Indicators of mechanical strength, reliability and durability of the roofing. The higher they are, the less often the roof will require repairs, which, in turn, will reduce the cost of maintaining the building. The most reliable material is considered to be a folded roof, which, when properly installed, forms a continuous roofing. In addition, due to the lack of through holes, it provides excellent roof waterproofing.
- The structure, color and shape of the material, its compatibility with the architectural and stylistic decision of the house.
- As a rule, to ensure the harmony of the ensemble during installation, only one type of coating is used. Choose the right option will help the color palette of materials.
- The specific gravity of the coating.
- This indicator determines the characteristics of the supporting structure: section of rafters, beams, flooring and other elements. The lightest materials include corrugated board, flexible tiles and metal tiles, slate and ceramic tiles have a fairly large weight.
- The manufacturability of the coating, or the degree of difficulty in laying it.
The installation of certain types of roofs requires the availability of special equipment and the participation of specialists, which is why the amount that the work will cost may exceed the cost of the material itself. The most labor-intensive is the seam roof, ceramic and flexible tiles are laid a little easier, the most “simple” coatings are corrugated board, metal tile, slate and ondulin.
The cost of the material
Often, it is this indicator that is decisive when choosing a particular coverage. The most budgetary options are ondulin and slate, the category of more expensive materials includes bituminous tiles, corrugated board and metal tile. Ceramic and composite roof tiles belong to the premium class. Unfortunately, often an attempt to save on roofing leads to a significant increase in costs during the operation of the building, so when choosing the right option you should not be guided only by price.