If you want to sell your home for top dollar, you will need to cast it in its best light. That doesn’t mean you have to take on a total kitchen makeover, but it does mean you will need to look at your home as an objective buyer – not an emotionally attached seller. Before you stick a ‘For Sale’ sign in your yard so you can move on to a newer home that better suits your needs, check off the following list first. There are many articles available online saying “How I sold my house fast” check that.
Boost Your Curb Appeal
Potential buyers can be turned off by the exterior aesthetics of homes for sale in Rockport Texas and other surrounding areas. To create and maintain an inviting appearance when you put your home on the market, we recommend that you:
- Mow, edge, and weed the grass
- Spruce up flower beds
- Trim hedges and trees
- Paint your front door
- Repair trim, gutters, and downspouts
Create the Appearance of Space
You might be surprised how much bigger your master closet feels when it is empty. You want potential buyers want to envision how they will fill empty shelves – not worry there is a lack of storage space. Before you show your home or take pictures for your listing, be sure to:
- Declutter counterspace in the kitchen, removing most countertop appliances
- Remove bulky furniture that is not essential to the space it is in
- Remove clutter from bookcases and shelves, filling only 30% of the available space.
- Box up anything that is non-essential, and put it in storage
- Clean out drawers, cabinets, and closets (buyers will look in them)
Make Cosmetic Updates and Repairs
Finally, take steps to improve the appearance and functionality of your interior spaces. You may be able to improve your home’s presence if you:
- Repaint walls in a light, neutral tone
- Thoroughly clean your home
- Repair loose handles, creaky steps, etc.
- Put fresh flowers or plants in various rooms of your home
- De-personalize your house, removing pictures and any items that may be offensive