To save your energy consumption at home, you need to use your refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, air fryers and other appliances more efficiently.
The more the EnergyGuide label given to the model of refrigerator, the more it will consume your energy and greater the cost for you to operate it. Also, try to look at the ENERGY STAR label while buying a refrigerator. Refrigerators without ENERGY STAR label is more energy consuming than with the stars. You can at least save 15% to 20% energy with products with ENERGY STAR label.
Tips for Refrigerator-Freezer to Save Energy
- Try to keep your refrigerator or freezer’s temperature at 350-370 F in the compartment where you keep fresh food and 00 F for long-term storage.
- Check your refrigerator and your freezer by placing a thermometer on a cup of water and read it after 24 hours.
- The latch of the refrigerator should be airtight. If it is not, make sure to repair it soon.
- You should cover all liquids and wrap the foods in the refrigerator. If they are not covered, the fridge has to work harder to deal with the moisture.
- Don’t forget to defrost the freezers and refrigerator regularly manually.
Dishwashers use more of the energy while heating water. Make sure to check EnergyGuide labelling before buying them.
Tips for Dishwashers to Save Energy
- You should read the manual that comes from the company with dishwashers. Follow what’s written in the manual.
- Don’t rinse big pieces of food and bones, instead rinse them. Pre-washing is recommended in case food is burnt or it is dried.
- Do not overload the dishwasher.
- Do not use the Rinse Hold button of the machine for just a few dishes which are soiled. It is wastage of a lot of hot water.
- Let air dries your dishes. If you do not have a dry knob, open the door slightly and let the dishes dry.
Tips for Saving Energy in your Kitchen
Do not keep things turned on unnecessarily like if you have Low Budget Air Fryer in 2018, which might be of low budget, but can consume a lot of energy. Buy proper appliances which have an excellent energy rating. Don’t misuse things, instead handle them intelligently. The mixture, the oven and all other machines that run on energy read their manuals and use them as recommended by the company.